Thursday, May 28, 2009

Has a month really gone by already? sigh. I could blame the lack of posts on a problem getting photos to load from my camera. But of course, posts don't HAVE to have photos. They are much more interesting tho. No need to blame anyone or anything. There. done.

I splurged and bought a new quilt and things for my bedroom. Dear friend Ray, who helped me carry a dresser upstairs last year, looked around at my quilt and pillows and potttery and flowery things and said, your room is awfully girly. I told him it was ok, I'm a girl. If he saw it now, he'd shake his head and say it was even more girly. I think it's just pretty myself - light aqua-blue with roses and lilacs and leaves and lots of white to balance. The only thing I don't like is the off-white walls. Hazards of renting I suppose. But I love the new look! It's light and bright and fresh. and girly - ha!

Some fun things on the horizon - a hands on painting workshop with Chroma for our June Mixed Media Guild event, and the Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild is sponsoring the Triangle's first Indie Business Breakfast on the 6th!

Here's the scoop:

CMMAG is proud to announce the 1st Indie Business Breakfast - Raleigh!

Please join us on June 6th at the John P. "Top" Green Neighborhood Center (401 Martin Luther King Blvd., Raleigh, NC) from 9 to Noon, for Breakfast & Brilliance as we welcome Donna Maria Coles Johnson of the Indie Business Network(http://www.IndieBusinessBlog.com) and Lisa Stewart of EC Stewart Designs(http://www.ecstewart.com) for an intriguing discussion on Using Social Media toLeverage Your Brand and Attract MORE Paying Customers to Your Business! Following the discussion, there will be time for open networking with other highly creative folks! Love what you do? Well, LIVE what you do! This event is a treasure chest of information for the beginning as well as the established artist! Visit: http://indiebusinessbreakfastraleigh.eventbrite.com/ for additional information and registration information. This is a ticketed event, and capacity is limited! Don't miss out -- reserve your space today!

I hope you'll join us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, Laurel!!

Rock on, Girly!!