Sunday, April 5, 2009

Patti Digh

The weekend started with an amazing event. Cynthia Deis and Panopolie hosting a reading and booksigning with Patti Digh on Friday evening. If you haven't discovered the book, Life is a Verb, it's time! Her blog http://37days.typepad.com/ - truly amazing.

I suppose it's a hazard of the internet - feeling as though you know someone through reading their thoughts, their dreams, their lives - I'm no exception. I felt as thought I'd known her for ages - of course, having 2 close friends who have met her at a previous reading & book signing up in Saluda probalby had a bit to do with it - does that degrees of separation thing still count? Anyway - she's amazing, insightful, genuine, thoughtful and thought provoking, the sort of person you truly do want to know. I'm so very glad to have met her and been able to spend an evening with her at Panopolie.

Please do take time to discover her blog and her book. I hope she inspires you as she has inspired me.

(And yes Patti - page 77 IS magical! THANK YOU!!)

No comments: